Hey guys :)
Hope you're all well. Especially all who I know in Somerset who have recieved some snow. It's pretty darn freezing here and there were a few snowflakes earlier but it hasn't turned into anything at all, pretty disappointing!
I am writing to you to today from my now fixed laptop - woop! Its such a relief to have it fixed now thanks to some funding (you know who you are!). The screen had been cracked for so long that every time I open up my laptop now its still a surprise that it's normal, haha.
Today was pretty average and not much happened. Had a lovely community meal last night (we have one every Monday where someone different cooks every week) with very English toad in the hole and mashed potato! Was very nice. Tomorrow is going to be a day of mixed emotion as Marc (one of the EVS volunteers I've mentioned previously, see photo) is going back to Germany permanently tomorrow morning :( Sad times!! However, a new EVS volunteer will be coming in the afternoon from Italy which is very exciting :)
Me and Marc awaiting haggis at the Scottish 'Burns Night'
I have mentioned in previous posts that we're going to be having a new scrape (pond) put in Minet Country Park. So.. now we have the funding for it it is going to be put in next Wednesday! It's going to be very natural and left to establish itself so will hopefully encourage pond life and migrating birds. So yeah looking forward to seeing that happen! Something to add variety to my life :)
Until next time folks, have a grand evening! x
No comments:
Post a Comment