18 January 2012

Word of the day: Moth

Hi all :)

Sorry I didn't write anything yesterday, hope you all had good weekends! I had a good Saturday and Sunday; my friend Jerusha came up to London so got to spend some time with her as she spent the night here at the centre too :) Went to Camden market on Sunday which I'd never been too before. Was quite an experience I can tell you. I'll have to go back there when I have a bit more money as I saw some very nice things to buy... namely dresses haha. Then in the afternoon we went to the student service at Holy Trinity Brompton church in South Kensington, and got to meet a few nice people there :) Was absolutely JAM PACKED. Thats right JAM PACKED. The church was a sandwich and we were the conserve, haha. Will go along this Sunday too I think, its a bit more what I'm looking for. Tim Hughes and Nicky Gumbel were there this Sunday too, so that was pretty cool!

Nothing much happened that was exciting yesterday. Just plugging on with that bit of bird work I'm doing for Andy. Today was spent doing various things regarding... yes, thats right - moths. Was mainly looking at some moth data from Minet that had been sent back from a moth specialist who had listed the plant species that each moth found in Minet eats. Then from this I did some further research into whether you'd find these moths on brownfield land (land that has previously been used for agriculture or industrial work. It usually contains certain types of grass, bramble, nettle, shrubs, amongst other things and is usually overgrown). Brownfield land is a habitat under threat as it is deemed as of economical and environmental importance, but infact plays a hge part ion the survival of many invertebrates. Also spent some time researching moth species and how to identify them.

Got a bird walk planned for Friday morning, not so early; an 8:45am start from the centre.

Until after the weekend... goodbye :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment