Hey everyone :)
Hope you all had good weekends! As I said in my previous post I was going to go on a bird walk Saturday morning to carry out the transect technique that I learnt during my training. I went round with the founder of A Rocha UK on the usual route he does every week around the park and did a 1.1km transect (an A4 sheet of paper accounting for 100 metres) with him helping me identify birds and their calls as we went round. As a small group of us are going bird ringing tomorrow morning (Leaving the centre at 6:45am!) I won't be doing a bird walk this wekk. But as long as I'm doing one at least every fornight then I should be alright but ideally it should be every week. I still need to work out a route that I can do at the same time every week. Sunday morning went to the centre managers church (although they didn't come due to lack of sleep with a new baby!).
Monday was quite a busy day with lots of people about as there was an A Rocha UK wider team meeting. Helped make lunch for the 25 odd people that were there in the morning then had lunch, cleared up, took a couple down to Minet Country Park in the afternoon and gave them a short tour around explaining a bit of what was going on at the moment and future plans. Walked back and then had a short meeting with Andy about where I was upto with work and a part-time job update (I'm still looking and praying!). Then went to a class in the evening with one of the European Voluntary Service (EVS) volunteers, Julia, at Southall Sports Centre (which is literally 3 minutes walk away) which was meant to be Boxercise but ended up being one called 'Sweat'. Don't get me started on the teaching, it wasn't very organised or coordinated. I won't be going to the same one again but they do a Zumba and Dance Fitness class which I'd like to try out at some point. The cost is very reasonable at £5.15 per class. Would love to go here more regularly but probably better wait until I get more money haha.
Today wasn't that exciting doing some bird stuff for Andy. Feel really sleepy.
Hope you all have a good evening :) x
No comments:
Post a Comment