Hey folks...
Sorry for the rather huuuuuuuuge gap since my last blog! I'll give you a little run down on the things I've been upto.
Basically been hanging out with friends and stuff for the most part which has been awesome. Friday evening went to an open mic night to see a friends band play called 'Gallery of Thieves' (check them out on facebook - they're really good!). So yeah, that was cool. Saturday hung out with friends again and ended up walking for most of the day seeing the Natural History museum and some of the main sights but unfortunately not a fireworks display as was planned! Sunday I spent the day feeling very tired and not doing much, haha. Although Guru Nanak's (the founder of sikh religion) birthday was on this day so I went out in Southall with a housemate to see the procession and recieve some of the free food they were giving out (see photos). Monday I researched bird calls and did odd bits and bobs in the afternoon.
Part of the procession going through Southall
Various battered foods with sauce... healthy huh?!
Tuesday was dedicated to research towards the bat article and starting the first draft! Not much else to say about the daytime really apart from I started half an hour earlier so I could leave half an hour earlier to see Switchfoot(!) with a friend. That was at the O2 in Shepherds Bush before which we had a rather reasonabley priced dinner and then queued in the rain! Needless to say it was well worth it, they were AMAZING and it was quite an experience. If you haven't heard of them then check them out :) So yeah, that was probably the biggest highlight!
A view of Minet Country Park
This morning I spent time getting to know the transect software which is used to input the data gathered from butterfly transects (see above for a photo of where I'm going to be working). Once I'd got accustomed to it I went through the existing record sheets on paper and inputted all the data that wasn't on the system. Then organised the filing system for the butterfly transect data! Lunch was lovely; homemade noodles (at least I think thats what they were) with a rather hot but tasty flavour. I think I'm going to grow to like hot food here - it seems to be quite a popular theme here! Haha. The afternoon was spent identifying and researching butterflies. And dinner will be... shortly!
Looking forward to seeing my mum tomorrow :) and getting the rest of my clothes and things! Definately been in need of a nice warm jumper and a hot water bottle lately hehe. Another open mic night on friday evening... should be good.
Until next time, take care :)
x



No comments:
Post a Comment