Hello there everyone :)
My sincere apologies for not writing a blog at all last week. Various things happened including me being struck down with a bad cold. Feeling better now fortunately just into the end snotty stage! So to make up for it... have a cake. On yourself. I can't afford to buy you all a cake. Happy eating!
So, an update of what I've been upto. I've finished the piece of bird work I was doing with Andy. It was for a popular website used by over a million people each week called Birdguides. Got an email from the director who said it was very good and she'd like me to write the next one too. So for the next one I will be co-writing it with Andy which means a bit less stress as this one was towards the end!
Also been hanging out with the volunteers here at the house and my friend Laura who's staying with me at the moment; watching the film Leap Year, eating waffles at Creams, making lasagne and taking walks... it's all good! Also went to see The Woman in Black Friday evening with my friend Matt. Was good to see Daniel Radcliffe in a different role but it was very scary and jumpy at times! Doesn't seem to have affected my sleeping so far which is good haha.
The reason for my title is that last night I cooked for the residents at the house at another family who've had links with A Rocha for a decade now. For those of you who are interested I made a white sauce with leek to go with pasta with a breadcrumb and cheese topping. Pudding was chocolate and pear pudding with chocolate sauce. Both seemed to go down well although it was a tiny bit stressful, but I enjoyed it none the less :) Even some leftovers for tonight!
Today has just been a planning day and sorting out bits and bobs so not much to report. Planned a bird walk for thursday morning instead of tomorrow morning as the weather looks awful!
Hope the weather is good where you are :) I've got to pop off for Tuesday group at HTB soon so I'd better go. Sorry for the rushed report!
Until next time faithful folks.. x
No comments:
Post a Comment