Good evening!
Sorry for not writing a blog yesterday. Some people from the A Rocha centre went round to the house of the director of the project here in Southall straight after work for pancakes. Hope you all had some pancakes yesterday?! Had mine with maple syrup, chocolate chips and banana - YUM!
As you can probably tell from the title, I went home for a bit over the weekend which was nice for a bit of a break! Was really good to catch up with some friends (sorry if I didn't get time to see you!), see my family, pets and generally just the familiarity of Taunton. It's good to be back here though and see my friend Laura who's going to be staying with me for 6 weeks as she does an Internship in London.
With regards to work here at A Rocha this week I've just been finishing the piece of work I've been doing for Andy and applied the amendments he sent me last week and then sent it back to him today. I've also been making a list of surveys and transects that would be good to do in Minet Country Park in the coming year and reading up a bit on Skylarks as I'll be doing a Skylark survey during the summer.
I've got a bird walk tomorrow morning but it will be my first one by myself (although one of the EVS volunteers will be coming with me) without an expert! I'll just have to record what I can, I still get bird calls mixed up but hopefully it'll be alright. In the afternoon I'll be going to visit a nearby Christian organisation called the Servants Group with the EVS volunteers, just to find out a bit about what they do and meet some new people.
So.. yeah. I'll probably be doing other things the rest of this week as most of my life up here seems to be spontaneous :)
Take care, thanks for following! x
No comments:
Post a Comment