Don't know what the weather is like where you are but it's turned into a lovely evening here in Southall after a somewhat cloudy and foggy start.
For those of you that don't know I now have a part-time paid job in a cafe near me. This is SUCH an answer to prayer and even though it's going to keep me very busy, I have money coming in and that's something to be very thankful for :) Thank you to all those that have supported me throughout my time here in London so far. In. Every. Single. Way.
I have in fact, got a lot of early mornings this week and its certainly going to be a busy one! Yesterday I saw how the cafe was opened up which meant getting up at 6am and being at the cafe for 7:30am. This morning we had our monthly bird ringing session so had to get up at 5:30am. Tomorrow I have a bird walk which means a 6:30am start. Then working thursday meaning another 6am start and then again Friday. I'm not complaining though :) thouroughly enjoying it all at the moment! Saturday we have a conservation team meeting all day and on Sunday two of my friends (Simon and Josh) are coming up from Taunton - YAY! It's going to fly by I know it.
Caught 23 birds in our nets this morning; blue tits, great tits, robins and dunnocks mostly but also a great spotted woodpecker. Also spotted some frogspawn last week at Minet park :) Measured it roughly (as didn't have a ruler at the time haha!) and it was about 1m x 0.50m. There was loads of it! Hopefully a lot of it will survive, would love to see lots of tadpoles.
Hope you all have a brilliant week :) Speak soon... x

No comments:
Post a Comment