Hey guys, sorry its been a while since I last gave you all an update! Didn't have the WiFi code and all that until today. I'll try and give you a rough idea of what I've been upto since my last one :)
So on Friday (28th) I went to Hilfield Friary which is an abbey in Dorchester. Andy had to go there for a meeting so he thought it would be a good idea to see another project. Was a 2 hour drive each way but it was definately worth it! I don't think I've ever been to a place that is so very quiet. All I could hear were the birds and the wind - bliss :) Got a chance to sit in on the mid-day prayer service which was quite... something. Had to change between 4 different books so I found it very hard to follow! Then in the afternoon I had a chance to talk to an intern there who is going to be helping maintain and improve the wooded and meadow area they have there. Then read a book until Andy had finished his meeting! Then it was time to drive back and munch on a crunchie bar ;) YUM.
The following day I travelled upto Southampton to Southall on the train. Both changes went without a hitch which was grand. My case however seemed to have put some extra weight on! Haha... So when I got to Southall it was a real struggle to get it up the stairs, until this kindly man offered to help me with it. So yeah, since I've been here I've had a great time :) including eating food and watching Paranormal Activity 3 (!) with a friend.
Today consisted of studying some bird species (mainly corvids i.e. crows, ravens etc) from a book and identifying the differences. I then attempted to put this into practice in the afternoon when I wandered down to Minet for a bit; trying to identify as many birds (without binoculars!) and calls as I could. Also noting the weather conditions, wind direction, temperature and which direction was North, South, East and West etc.
I'm suitably tired and still a tad apprehensive about being somewhere new, but hey, I'm sure I'll get used to it! Tomorrow is going to be my first official day of working as an Intern. From 9-5:30 tomorrow, its going to be all about the bats.
Hope your all well, missing all my friends alot so BIG love to you!!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment