Yo folks ;-)
Sleep was BLISS last night. Went to sleep almost straight away and slept all the way unitl waking up at 7:20 to the sound of children again.
Started the day at 9am this morning which began by Andy telling me about the latest Citizen Science Project (CSP) that I will be involved in one day a week. This one is called 'Bats in Churchyards' and is going to be about reaching as many people as possible through the A Rocha magazine and the internet and encouraging them to see if there are any bats in residence in their local churches. At the moment I'm doing some background research on what CSP's have already been done to help me get an idea of what I can use and what should be avoided. I'll be helping putting together the report and Andy will have a look over it and make any changes where it is needed. I'll also be helping set up the web campaign and liasing with the Bat Conservation Trust and Eco-Congregation (organisation committed to encouraging churches to recognise environmental issues) throughout the project. So yeah... its all quite a responsibility which I feel scared but excited about.
Worked on that all morning and then had lunch and set out at about 2:30 to do some more transect work, I'm still a bit pants at it but I've learnt bits here and there the last couple of days. Learning to recognise more trees, bird calls and how to count birds. Its coming... slowly! Got back at about 5 after which I have been writing this and being climbed on by little boys! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Day off tomorrow, but probably going to be going to see Johnny English 2 with the family and doing bits of work.
Sorry theres not as much as there was yesterday, its probably going to vary quite a bit. Sometimes get a bit frustrated with myself that I can't do everything well right now.. haha. But I know I'll get better with time!
Thanks once again for following :)
Kathryn x
No comments:
Post a Comment