14 December 2011

Well. This is going to be a BIG one guys. I hope you're ready...

This ones going to be a long one folks. I've done quite a bit since I last wrote a post. Hope your all ready. Let me break it down for you...

Thursday: Can't remember what I did during the day but in the evening Matt came round and made a curry. Watched Cold Souls; quite an interesting film - Google it.

Friday: Again, can't remember what I did in the morning. Probably listened to music, the usual shebang. Oh yeah, and got things ready for going away for the weekend (to Coventry on Saturday and then home briefly on the Sunday). In the afternoon went to Ealing; coffee and shopping with Matt. Back to his humble abode; Music, card making, present wrapping, film watching and Tony Hawk game playing.

Saturday: Then; late night, little sleep, bunged up nose, AWESOME shower and leaving at 9:45am to get breakfast from Sainsburys and travel to Victoria Coach Station to get a coach to Coventry to see our friend Steve. More coffee, shopping, looking at reptiles, a visit to Ikea and card and present giving (it was his birthday - Happy Birthday man!) followed. The evening consisted of going to Steves college the Nexus Trust where, joined by his family we all watched the Christmas performance done by all the students. Its a Christian music college so all songs were played and sung by the students. Some absolutely amazing talent there! Was a really good time. After goodbyes, us three piled into Steves car along with all his stuff and began the scenic route (not planned) back to Taunton. After a journey filled with goodness knows how many puns, crispy M&M's and failed attempts to find a place open serving food we got back into Taunton around about 2am.

Sunday: Slept in until 10:20 so my apologies to the folks of Wellsprings for not coming that morning. Another pretty darn good shower, keyboard playing and waiting for mum and dad to come back from church. Then hellos and hugs :) and a really nice roast lunch! Afternoon was pretty chilled; hanging with the parents, watching tv and more keyboard playing. Evening consisted of seeing friends (including the lovely Miss Jerusha Coakes :) ), attending a rocked up carol evening, mince pies, hot spiced apple juice, games of french snap and once again driving around looking for somewhere open to get food. Eventually had to settle for what the petrol station had to offer. Good night :) Got back again at 2am.

Monday: Got up at 9 to catch a coach back to London. Monday evening was the work Christmas meal which probably wasn't worth the £20 paid but nevermind, the company was good.

Tuesday: Sleep was bliss. Rudely awoken by my alarm at 7am to leave with Andy and another colleague for a meeting with the Bat Conservation Trust starting at 10. Two and a half hours later we left with the possibility of working together in the future and some useful points that could be changed in the article to make it clearer. After this Andy and I left our colleague and made our way to South Kensington to visit the Natural History Museum with the hope of speaking to someone who used to work for A Rocha. But after discovering that she was on holiday we bought lunch in the restaurant (a totally YUM grilled chicken burger and probably some of the best chips I've ever had!). Then travelled back to Southall where we went over the bat article again and discussed the changes I had to make to the article the next day. Tuesday evening I met Matt and Rob (one of his housemates and drummer in their band Gallery of Thieves) at their university and listened to Matt track some drums in the studio to put to his new song (if you want to listen to some things that he's done check out his page on facebook, search for 'Skydoor'). So yeah, that was pretty cool.

Wednesday aka today: All the women went to the Costa in Southall for a coffee this morning for the centre managers baby shower :) Today I finished the bat article (YES!) :) sorted out the photos for it and finished the Conservation News. Emailed it out to the relevant people. Done. Dusted. EL FINITO!

I shall be coming home Friday evening for Christmas. Totally stoked man. Hope to catch up with everyone while I'm back, see you very soon :)

xx (Thats right. You get two today. As its nearly Christmas I thought I'd be generous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment