Good afternoon :)
Don't know what the weather is like where you are but it's been a really warm day so bird ringing was quite pleasant this morning. Had quite an exciting catch today but I'll tell you about that a bit later.. I'll fill you in with the other, less exciting stuff first..
Since I've last posted I've been to a pudding night, hanging out with some of my friends from church. I didn't have much time to make something so thought I'd make a microwave pudding. Now I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it seemed to go down alright. Making it with cinammon, apple, raisins and dark brown sugar turned out to be quite a tasty option! Some of my other friends made a banoffee pie, blueberry pie and strawberry, marscapone and shortbread things. Was all very YUM. Mum: the banoffee pie was very good, but never as good as yours, haha. Wasn't able to get to church this Sunday as I worked my first 10 hour shift on Sunday.. *puffs up cheeks and exhales* Legs were killing me by the end of it, haha. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow!
Spent yesterday doing emails, bits and bobs and starting to put together a report on the moth data we've collected as there hasn't been one written so far.
Got up at 5am this morning to be at Minet park for 6am to set up the bird ringing nets. If you don't know what bird ringing is, be sure to check my previous posts about it. The nets caught a variety of species this time as usually its only two or three species. These included 3 blackcaps, a lesser whitethroat (a proper smart bird!), robins, great tit, wren and.. wait for it.. a little owl! This caused great excitement amongst everyone as although glimpses have been caught of it, it has never been ringed at Minet! It was great to see one in the hand - so beautiful! I made sure I got some photos for you folks :)
Lesser Whitethroat
Little Owl!
Side shot..
It was proper cute!
No I'm not crushing a bird. I'm holding a male blackcap :)
Sorry for the blurryness! This is a female blackcap..
Not many plans for the weekend apart from working at the cafe, church and seeing church friends.
Hope you're all good!
Ta ta x

No comments:
Post a Comment