10 April 2012

Rain at last...

Hello everyone :)

Awfully sorry for not writing a post last week! But I'll hopefully make it up to you by giving you lots of news this week.

When I last wrote we've had some absolutely stunning weather. Since then it's been getting significantly colder and wetter (which is good considering the predicted drought particularly in the south east). It meant me not being able to do a birdwalk last week and also starting the first of the butterfly transects. However, a walk has been planned for tomorrow morning after setting up for bird ringing. We have to be at Minet park at 6:30 so it will be freeZING. Hopefully should warm up a bit throughout the morning though. I'll also be keeping an eye out for butterflies too. Tadpoles in the park are becoming a lot more active and quite a bit bigger; will try and get some photos of their progress in the next few weeks.

At the moment we have a researcher intern, Benjo, from A Rocha Kenya staying at the centre for the next couple of months. He's been helping kick start the marine project in Mwamba for the past year now which is very exciting stuff! Check out http://www.arocha.org/ke-en/index.html if you want to find out more about what A Rocha does in Kenya. We are also looking forward to meeting our next EVS volunteer from Germany in the next couple of weeks. But we are very much missing Julia who has gone back to Hungary now.

Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend and time off for those that got it :) My mum came up to visit me Thursday and Friday which was lovely as I wasn't able to get home for Easter. We had some coffee, went out for a meal which was yummo and all very funno! Also showed mum Minet Country Park and watched The Hunger Games at the cinema. Anyone else seen it? I thought it was quite good but lacking in something.. can't quite put my finger on it. Hoping to get back to Taunton some time soon though! For those of you that didn't know, I started a part time job in Cafe Gold in Hanwell about a month ago now, and have  madesome great work mates. So unfortunately it meant me having to work the whole of the Easter weekend. But thankfully I get a day off on Friday.

Not many other plans for this week really apart from working in the cafe. Although I hope to be meeting up with several different friends in the  next couple of weeks :)

Thanks for following. Hope it's been interesting for ya'll!?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment