18 April 2012

And so it continues...

The rain that is . Had a couple of heavy downpours today which we do need, but unfortunately it means that other things get put on hold such as bird and butterfly transects!

Writing a blog entry today instead of yesterday as I was able to take the afternoon off in order to see some friends from Taunton that were coming up to see a gig. Went to Piccadilly Circus, had some lunch, visited some shops and went to the Science Museum in South Kensington. If you haven't been there, I'd recommend it along with the Natural History Museum, also in South Ken. Some very interesting stuff!

As well as having a person staying with us from A Rocha Kenya, for the past few days we have had a couple from Canada (so they have BRILLIANT accents) staying with us. They don't work for A Rocha but are long term supporters of A Rocha Canada which is why they've been staying at the UK Centre. They've been here to see the main attractions that London has to offer and will be travelling on to Oxford soon to visit some other friends. This is what I love about living in a community... you get to meet so many people from different parts of the world! Brilliant.

Today and yesterday I have been finishing off the first draft of the Midlands version of the 'Birding by Train' series featured on the Birdguides website (see previous blog for more info). I've also had to re-touch a few parts of the South-east version and send it back to the editing team at Birdguides. I've also been inputting all the data I've been getting through from the bat article onto a spreadsheet, as well as sending off a bat detector for a church to borrow.  Part of the bat project is to co-ordinate the loaning  out of bat detectors to churches and all the admin involved.

Plans for the rest of my week include working in the cafe, a moth night run by the Buttefly Conservation Trust at Minet CP this Friday at 8pm. Yes thats right. While all the other people my age are going out partying, going to gigs, chilling out or going to the pub.. I'll be at the park studying moths - ROCK ON!! Looking forward to it actually. I need to work on my moth identification skills haha. Also hopefully going out with the girls at work for meal sometime this week. Those are my plans anyway. Who knows what else should unfold!

Have a great week everyone :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment